DeLavel is one of the world’s biggest providers of milking solutions. Designed to improve dairy farmers quality of life, production and animal welfare.
What we do:
- As DeLaval dealers, we service the Dargaville, Wellsford and Whangarei areas.
- Sell, install and service DeLaval milking plant.
- Retrofit DeLaval parts into other branded systems
- Install second hand plants into sheds
- Plant extensions, upgrades and modifications
- Service other makes and models of milking plant
- Machine test
- Have a stock of spares in our shops for DeLAval milking plant
- Supply consumables for dairy milking sheds
- Oncall 24/7
Milking Machine Testing
It is an annual MPI requirement for all farms supplying milk to have their milking machine tested. These tests help identify inefficiencies and problem areas, that can or will eventually cause animal health issues. We also carry out DDA's and DCA's.
- We have a dedicated, experienced NZMPTA registered machine tester (MMT), contracted to us. A number of our current staff have been accredited machine testers. It’s as simple as -You contact the shop, then the machine tester will arrange a suitable time to come.
- Using an independent contractor, ensures the customer receives and objective test.
- Our MMT uses the latest testing equipment and is geared up to provide you with near instant findings/ recommendations (if any).
- Our MMT is trained and certified to carry out (on request) DCA (DeLaval Dynamic Cleaning Anaylsis) measuring the effectiveness of mechanical (slugs) and thermal cleaning processes.
- DDA (DeLaval Dynamic Anaylsis) also known as a Wet Test, ensures the milking machine is optimised at all points to obtain the most milk in the least amount of time with minimal effect on udder health.
- The results will be left on farm, or emailed to you- generally within 24 hours.
- The MMT will carry out minor repairs / adjustments at the time to ensure he gets the best outcome.
- Larger faults identified? – Your branch will be in touch to discuss.
Effluent Equipment and Systems
Managing dairy effluent has effects on land, water and nutrients. When well managed, this valuable resource increases pasture production and reduces fertiliser costs.(Dairy NZ) Use it well.
- ADP works closely with accredited farm dairy effluent designers and dairy effluent ‘WOF’ certified assessors.
- We assist or design systems, along with our partners
- We sell, install and service all brands and maintain systems
- Travelling irrigators
- Supply and service mineral dosing systems
- Assorted drench gun parts/ hose
- Calf requirements , including colostrum preserver, disinfectant, drymax
- Calf feeders. Automated and stationary
- Rubber matting for barns, yard and pits
- Milking machine tests
- Authorized Grundfos dealers
- Other brands also available including:DAB, Onga, Davies etc
- Service all makes and models
- Each branch carry’s a range of loan pumps
- Stock includes a variety of pump sizes and pricing
- Sometimes second hand pumps available
- Pressure tanks- domestic and commercial
- Wide range of spare parts- including for ’bulldozer’ pumps
- Experienced staff for prescribing the correct pump, for the correct situation/ environment.
- consider the following when needing a new pump:
- How much water/flow do I need?
- How much pressure do I want?
- What application am I using it for?
- Controller type?
- What power supply available?
- What is the water source?
- Height difference between source and pump stations?
- How far and high is the water being pumped?
- What pipe size are you using?
Takes away reliance on electricity providers, fuel fill ups and noisy motors. These are a cost effective solution in some situations.
- Supply, install and service solar water pump systems.
- Bore pumps and surface pumps available
- Grundfos DAB
Don’t leave it to you or your animals’ body to do the filtering, or let iron build ups clog up your farm water lines.
Each situation is different and requires a different- tailor made solution.
Sale and servicing of the following:
- Household systems
- Cowshed/ farm filtration
- Chemical dosing
- UV (ultra violet light) systems
- Sediment filtration (tank, dam, river etc)
- Mineral filtration- iron, manganese etc
- Pathogen filters- E Coli, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc
Whole farm system design, product and installation available.
- Valves etc
Service and Spares
Regular service and maintenance of your milking machine will help ensure the speed and completeness of milking is maintained and the risk of mastitis due to milking machine faults is minimised.
Regular servicing of water pumps ensures a a continuous flow of water and minimises break downs.
Servicing of effluent systems, ensures pumps and irrigators are preforming at their optimum, minimising effluent overloads or build ups
- Tailor made service for your farm Dairy ,Water or Effluent system
- Carry the DeLaval range of milking parts and accessories
- Huge range of Grundfos parts
- Diverse range of spares and parts for numerous other pump brands- including ‘bulldozer’ pumps
- Sell and service McConnell backing gates
- We service all makes and models of pumps
Pipe and Fittings
Stock or can easily obtain, a variety of pipe and fittings
- Medium density
- Trough /tank fittings
- Stainless steel
- Wash down hose
- Reinforced flexible hosing
- Alkathene (low and medium density)
Hydraulic Hoses (Wellsford branch only)
At the Wellsford shop- only, we have quality RYCO hoses and fittings. We carry a large range of hose and fittings in the shop, as well as in our mobile hose van.
- Stock and facilities at shop
- Mobile option
- On call 24/7
- Experienced staff
General/Light Engineering Supplies and Service (Wellsford only)
We carry and stock large ranges of the following
- Nuts and bolts. Range includes metric, imperial, stainless steel, coach, galv etc
- Brass fittings
- Drill bits
- Hge range of 'A' and 'B' section belts
- Lubricating/ penetrating sprays
- Cut off/ grinding discs
All those ‘bits’ that get used up….
- DeLaval detergents.
- DeLaval teat sprays, glycan
- DeLaval Colostrum preserver
- DeLaval milk filters
*Wellsford also stock
- Hydraulic oil
This service, operating for nearly 30 years, is only available on some routes through our area. Please inquire as to its availability in your area for a 6 weekly visit that can include dropping of your consumables and restocking your spare parts.
Stock carried includes:
- Acid and Alkalia detergents
- Teat spray
- Milking claw bowls
- Tail paint
- Rat bait
- Hydraulic oil
Stock a range of electric motors to fit.
- Milk pumps
- Water pumps
- Effluent pumps
- Vacuum pumps
- We also custom order
We have and use, a purpose designed Ditch Witch trencher.
- Suitable for laying effluent , water pipe and electrical cabling.
- Per meter and per hour rates available
Buffalo, Goat and Sheep milking
DeLaval being an international company, is well versed in providing quality products and experience with milking sheep, goats and buffalo.
Locally we have experience providing for Buffalo and goats.
Within NZ , DeLaval are providing for a large number of milking sheep.